Pages

Monday, March 12, 2018

Evaluation

I started off my project by doing research in to different fashion businesses, and looking at their websites and social media. I focused on lingerie brands as this is the type of business I would like to start if I was to start one. I recorded all the information on my blog, I found conducting research really useful as I gained an insight on how brands lay out their websites and social media differently depending on who their target market it is. I also learned the difference between marketting, branding and advertising and zoomed in on how different lingerie brands, advertise their products (e.g billboards, tv adverts), establish their branding (e.g. consistent packaging, logo), and use different marketting strategies (e.g. offers such as buy one get one free). This was useful as it gave me ideas for my own brand and how I will promote it.

My target market was women aged 24+ so I made a lot of my decisions based on what will attract my customers and appeal to them. I created a customer profile to outline what type of people will shop at La Rochelle. I did a lot of experimenting through out this project, I learned how to use Adobe Indesign, and used this to create my brand logo and and website design, as well as analyzing what i did and why. This was really helpful as I compared my different logo ideas, decided what was good and bad about each one before deciding what my final logo is going to be.

I also created some advert ideas, firstly I looked in to what types of advert there are, for example tv adverts, billboards, social media and emails. I decided to design and create to types of advert, magazine and instagram, and did some deeper research on how my competitors advertise through these platforms. Before creating my adverts I designed them on paper, this was very useful as I had an idea of what my advert will look like and whether it will be effective and fit the criteria it needs to attract my customers.

Overall I think I gained a lot of knowledge from this project, I have learned how different businesses work and what is needed to start your own business, this is useful knowledge as if I ever want to start my own business I will have some basic knowledge of what I need to do. I also think learning about why businesses do different things online and instore and how everything is based on attracting the customer was really useful as this is what makes your business successful, and allows it to bring in as much profit as it possibly can. I think the project went well and I enjoyed it however, one of my key areas to improve is time management, as I did find it quite difficult finishing the project on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment