Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2018

My website

After I had chosen my brand logo, I was able to create a website design for La Rochelle, I also done this using Adobe Indesign.

 
This is the design I have chosen for my website. Straight away you can see it is a website aimed at women as I have stuck to my chosen colour scheme of light colours and pastels, specifically baby pinks and dusty blues. To make my website easy to navigate I have chosen to use drop down menus to allow customers to find what they are looking for, from my research I've seen that this is a very popular layout amongst lingerie websites. There are only 4 tabs, NEW IN! is the first tab as it shows all the new products being sold, I've chosen to make this subheading bold so it catches the customers eye as they will want to see what new products are available. The next 3 tabs are lingerie, swimwear and accesories, when the customer scrolls over these, they will be able to refine their search through a drop down menu.
The main image the customer will see when they go on the website, is a slide show of images of the famous English model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley advertising the bra and knickers sets we sell. My target market will recognise the model as she is known world wide and will be encouraged to buy similar lingerie sets so they can look like her. Also, alongside that I have advertised 3 different offers La Rochelle have on, one of them being a 20% off sale, and also free delivery and returns within 30 days. These are marketing strategies I have chosen, since the posts are one of the first things you see, the customer will know straight away that there are many offers available. I think the one that's most particularly effective is the free delivery, as many customers don't like paying delivery charges, therefore they'll be encouraged to shop the online store whilst the offer is still available, this will create an increase in sales.
Lastly the customer is also given the option to becoming a VIP member of La Rochelle, since I have not put any details of what becoming a VIP includes, it will make the customer more likely to click on the button to find out what perks they could be receiving if they become a VIP. Also, simply calling it a 'VIP members club' also attracts customers as it's an exclusive part of La Rochelle, and not everyone is part of it meaning they will be able to access deals and offers, that others can't, therefore the VIP customers will feel exclusive and special.

Overall, I like how my website turned out, I think by looking at it you can tell straight away the target market is women, aged 25+, and can also tell it's a lingerie store. The colour scheme and layout is really nice and organised and quite appealing to the eye, especially that of a womans. I think customers would find it very easy to navigate and find what they are looking for. If I was to change anything, I would perhaps feature a pop up when you enter the website offering a 10% discount when you subscribe to the La Rochelle newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment