Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Logo Ideas

My brand name is 'La Rochelle'. I have named my brand after a town in south west France, France is often associated with elegance and classiness which is what my brand is all about. It's also quite a feminine name to represent the type of products I will be selling.
I have used Adobe Indesign to come up with logo ideas by experimenting with different fonts and styles.



This is the first design I have created. I've chosen to use simple colours to make the logo look sleek. The font I have used is italic and swirly, making the logo look elegant and classy, this will draw in older customers as they are more likely to go for stylish traditional yet minimalistic writing rather than more childish colours such as hot pinks and blues. I quite like this design however I think it's too simple.




The second logo I've created, also has a similar italic font, this time I have used a gradient effect to make the writing fade out, in a way I think this may make the logo stand out less as it makes the writing less bold but I wanted to experiment with the effect anyway. Also this design doesn't represent femininity and class how I would like it to, looking at it I would not think this is a brand selling feminine products. 




This design is a lot more creative than the other two and I definitely think it would stand out the most, as it's something different. I chose to stick to minimal black and white colours however I have added a dusty pastel pink underline detail as I want to feature a lot of light colours within my brand, which adds that extra feminine touch. I also added a shadow to make the writing stand out from any other font on the page when it's placed on adverts and elsewhere. 
Out of the three designs I have created I'm going to choose this one, it stands out the most compared to the other two and I think it would appeal to my customers the most.


No comments:

Post a Comment