Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Competitors advertising, branding and marketing

Victorias Secret

Related image


This is a magazine advertisement promoting victorias secret. It features a model wearing VS underwear,

and also has a very consistent colour themes of cream/nude colours, which creates quite a relaxed yet elegant style. There is quite minimal writing and any font used is very simple and quite small so that the main focus is the main image. If I was used to use this type of advert I would use a popular, well recognised celebrity that is relevant to my target market, for example one of the kardashians. This is because if my customers see them wearing my brand they would want to wear it.

Image result for victorias secret packaging

This is an example of Victorias Secret Packaging, i would say it's quite striking and very girly, everything is a shade of pink, inside the bags the items are wrapped in a pink tissue paper which makes it look more luxurious. As these bags are appealing to women they make them more likely to shop at Victorias Secret and even show off they have been shopping there through the bags. This is a good strategy that I could use for my own buisness, I would have to design appealing packaging that reflects my brand aswell as attracts the customers.

This is a promotional video released by Victorias Secret on their own youtube channel that shows the Vicrorias Secret angels signing a christmas song, this was released around the christmas season and all the angels are well known models that are recognized world wide. They're all dressed in christmas themed lingerie that is sold by VS around this season and will let their customers know that the christmas range is out. It not only appeals to women but to men aswell, as all the models look really good it will give them a good christmas present idea for their wives/girlfriends. For my buisness, I could use celebrity endorsement .


On the Victorias secret website, the first thing that pops up on the home page is a "Todays offers" tab. The tab boldly shows all the offers/sale Victorias secret has on at the moment, for example free delivery. This is a good marketing strategy as it's one of the first things the customer sees when they go on the site, and since things are on offer or there are certain deals, they're more likely to click on it and actually buy something. I will use this way of marketing on my brands website, as it's very effective. I could also display these kind of offers on the header of the brands facebook page or through an instagram post.

No comments:

Post a Comment